iDVD is so highly regarded that many users dedicate their legacy machines to the application. Recently, I found I couldn’t master or burn DVDs without instability issues creeping in - and that’s where DVD Creator - Burn Maker comes in.
1. DVD Creator is both fast and stable. I haven’t ended up with a single bad platter, and burning a one-hour video takes only a half-hour at the highest setting.
2. Video quality is very good, though not as bright and detailed as iDVD.
3. Value is outstanding. There are more than a few DVD burning programs out there, but at under $20, the results are very solid.
4. Don’t expect the eye-catching animations that made iDVD so special.
5. I loved how I can burn .mkv files directly to DVD without reconverting - a huge time-saver!
6. The software is easy to learn. You can burn DVDs in minutes, though I wouldn’t mind more special themes or animations.
If you’re uncertain about the software, you can download a free version of the application. However, the burned videos will have a hugh watermark on the screen. But at least you’ll have a good sense of that the full, paid version can (or cannot) do.